- Oil and gas fields consume a tremendous amount of iron and steel pipe, tubing, pumps, valves, and sucker rods. Leaks cause loss of oil and gas and also permit infiltration of water and silt, thus increasing corrosion damage.
- Saline water and sulfides are often present in oil and gas wells. Corrosion in wells occurs inside and outside the casing. Surface equip-ment is subject to atmospheric corrosion.
- In secondary recovery operations, water is pumped into the well to force up the oil.SCS has developed an array of corrosion inhibi-tor products that can be used to prevent oilfield corrosion problems.
- Wells producing water are likely to develop deposits of inorganic scales. Scales can and do coat perforations, casing, production tubulars, valves, pumps, and down-hole completion equipment. If allowed to proceed, this scaling will limit production, eventually requiring aban-donment of the well.
- SCS has developed a broad range of scale inhibitor products that can be used to prevent scale formation problems.
- Oxygen is a serious threat to system integrity, even at extremely low amounts. Most oxygen corrosion is directly attributable to addition of fluids which have been exposed to fresh air.
- Oxygen can be introduced during fracs, water-floods, squeezes and work-overs when large volumes of fluids are injected down-hole.
- SCS oxygen scavengers are selected to help keep oil and gas production systems operating at peak efficiency levels eliminating oxygen leads to reduced failures.
- Bacterial contamination of oil & gas produc-tion systems is a serious production challenge requiring the right chemistry and application methods to properly control.
- Bacteria may have been introduced in many ways and over many years - drilling well completions, re-injec-tion of produced waters for pressure mainte-nance, EOR projects, work-overs, hot oil/water treatments, etc.
- It's often impossible to deter-mine the cause, but once bacteria take up residence in your reservoir or production system, they are difficult to eliminate.
- SCS Biocides can help minimize production issues and maximize asset life.
- Proper control of bacteria results in reduced operational costs, reduced H2S generation, cleaner production, more efficient operations and reduced failure rates.
HYDROGEN SULFIDE SCAVENGER
- A major production challenge in oil & gas systems is the presence of Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S).
- H2S is highly reactive, especially with iron, and in most systems the H2S will readily react with iron in ionic form or iron from metal surfaces, to form various species of iron sulfide (FeS).
- SRB colonies adhering to pipe walls can become iron sulfide factories, eating away at the pipe surface and forming pits which eventu-ally may cause leaks and failures.
- SCS H2S scavenger products will initiate an instantaneous and irreversible reaction to remove H2S with no effect on oil, gas or fuel quality resulting reduction potential on corro-sion to equipment and pipelines.
- Corrosion Inhibitor
- Scale Inhibitor
- Oxygen Scavenger
- H2S Scavenger